The Growler, at least it came with Beer


My Ayla riding some Gunnison singletrack

3:45 minutes in and I was through with 36 miles of my race. I was feeling good and was looking to be making my goal of 7-8 hours. 15 miles later and I'm suffering, my body is tired and I just want to be done. What can I say, I didn't drink enough, I didn't eat enough and on the walk up the hike a bike I was dry heaving right there on the trail.

So much for the goat, I think he'll go lay down beside the others on the porch.

I finished though, crying in my wife's beautiful Lara Croftish boobs at the finish line, I finished in 8 hours and 40 some odd minutes...feeling like I was racing that 1st 36 miles, barley riding and walking the last 28 miles.

I did earn a perk, a growler for finishing the Growler, filled with New Belgium's Seasonal Mighty Arrow. A bit of a light colored beer compared to what I usually favor but this one goes down smooth, so it suits the needs.


#34 is me, climbing Kill Hill

In the on going news, I've pulled my acceptance from the Bailey Hundo. I've only got a few months to enjoy exploring the Alpine trails that are becoming snow free so I've freed up my summer months and will be enjoying riding. Still pushing myself, discovering new adventures, just without all the hassels of racing and the money it takes to fund it.

The Crested Butte Classic is still in my sights and why not. Its free, Its in Crested Butte, and theres beer and pizza every 33 miles and if I just happen to stop riding after one or two of those loops. I don't have to feel like I wasted the money or let anyone down, especially myself.

Here's to riding you, Colorado, looking forward to the Alpine.

4 comments:

  Eric Wever / Pisgah Productions

June 3, 2010 at 6:30 AM

nice pint glass!

  Kevin aka. PBR

June 3, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Well im sure your girls still looked up and were proud of their daddy! Maybe now we can ride again.

  The Evil MGE!

June 4, 2010 at 6:51 AM

PBR, Gtown this weekend. A ride very similar to the one we did last year w/ E but including FATS if its snow free.

  the original big ring

June 9, 2010 at 9:00 AM

ha, glad you suffered . . . pig-dog

looking forward to suffering in Sept. but not racing style suffering