Tour De Fraser/Winter Park

This past weekend it became a search for another ride that I have to do. Living in Colorado a little less then two years, its not hard to do. Winter Park has been on my watch list for a while so I called Guacamole who was game for an all dayer, so to the Park we go!

Buck Creek

Crossing the Trestles

Crossing the Trestles 2

Notice the Goat's Fancy outfits are back. I thought they would help me fly but good ol Guacamole talked me out of it.

Thinking about Jumping

Rifle Sight Notch Trestle

Trestles

View of Winter Park Resort from the Rifle Sight Notch Trestle

View of Winter Park Resort

Then we go down..down...down..Broken Thumb

Broken Thumb

a few miles of dirt roads and a connector brings us to the Idlewild Trails where I give ode to the Whoops!

Ode to the Whoops!

and these trails give way to going wicked fast!

Going Hard

A barn in Winter Park

Winter Park Barn

a few miles of bike path and road lead us past a KFC where the lure of a large box of potato wedges was to alluring

KFC Drivethrough

after a great meal of wedges it was on to the Fraser Parkway

Fraiser Parkway

Givelo Trail

Givelo Trail

When Guacamole looked over and saw me reading my map and route finding while cruisin a dirt road at 12-14 mph I thought he'd pee his pants from laughing so hard

Navigating as we ride

This all eventually led us to the infamous Tipperary Creek

Tipperary Creek

and eventually Flumes and Creekside and another dirt road to the top of Zoom

Zoom Trail

a view of the Elk Meadows

VIew of Elk Meadow

The idea is getting to be the same, a few more roads and trails bring us to the Sunken Bridge and eventually Elk Mountain where thunder storms chased but never caught us

The Sunken Bridge

A failed attempt at crossing Vasquez Creek, the current was moving to fast, threatening to sweep my legs out from beneath me so we tucked our tails and took a few dirt roads to get to the Blue Sky Trail.

Crossing Vasques Creek

Ice Hill, a fun little trail that leads us to Serenity and back to our vehicle some 9 and a half hours and 65 miles after we started our little adventure. I'm sure that time could've been a couple of hours shorter but a little route finding required pulling the map no less then 20 times and that nap beside the creek was delightful.

Ice Hill

1 comments:

  The Clawhammer Cyclist

June 29, 2010 at 4:08 PM

mmm, Tipperary, one of my favorites.