That Time of Year, I reckon

This year I failed. Not in life, but in goals.

Goal #1 drop back to my healthy bike weight of 185 lbs.

Failed!

Started the year off as usual, a great bear...208 lbs...actually got to 198 lbs...then new job hit and I poofed back to 208 lbs.

Goal # 2 Crested Butte Classic

So many new changes this year. Job, Ayla in school, another move. Lack of commitment to the bike and I am fat, slow, and unmotivated. Being this race...ummmm ride starts in Crested Butte and is 3 approx 33 mile loops from town with beer and pizza in between it all you figure I woulda went.

Failed.

I am a weak pathetic soul on the bike at the moment, the flu that hit early October sealed that fate. No self pity talkin there, just plain facts. I was never the fastest homey of the bunch but the way I've been laggin of late...speaks volumes.

And the winter cometh again...I scheme in my head of starting early morning runs, cutting all the crap food from my diet, late evening workouts but the slumbering bear inside wishes to sleep.

Maybe next year, till then...just call me fatty

Fat Bear

2 comments:

  Kevin aka. PBR

November 19, 2009 at 11:16 PM

You mention the things failed but "failed" to mention the stellar riding we did get in! The one that stands out in my mind, cuz i was there, was our georgetown/ Waldorf mine tour! And the many others. SO you got a little table muscle that is easily worked off with the t.i.t.s rides! Starting tomorrow night....c u there!!

  Karlos

November 21, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Hey Brother. Email me, I may be able to help you.

nakedindian at singletrack samurai dot com.